Welcome to Scalarr privacy notice!
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Services.
Scalarr’s Services enable mobile software publishers and/or developers (our “Customers”) to analyze data regarding their mobile advertising campaigns and detects unsolicited fraudulent installs.
Controller or Processor
In some instances, Scalarr may be a controller of Personal Data and responsible for your personal data, for example when you enter into a contract directly with us.
However, in most cases Scalarr has no direct relationship with its Customers’ End Users, or with any other individuals whose personal data we may process on our Customers’ behalf. Thus, in most of instances due to the nature of our business we act solely as data processor of Personal Data in respect to those parts of Personal Data we receive from our Customers when performing our contractual obligation with such Customer. For example, when we provide fraud detection services to our Customers basing on our contract with them. In such a case we are serving as data processor and act solely relying on instructions from such Customers.
Collection of your Personal Data
We collect several types of information from and about our partners, customers and their end users who visit our Website or use our Services via internet connection or through your device which you use to access our Services, including certain user details.
1. We collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our Services or Website:
● Email address
● Home/work/mobile telephone number
● Postal or other physical address
● Logs and communication data
● Resources on our website which you access and use
● Facebook profile information (when you use Facebook to log-in to our Services or to create an account for our Services)
● IP addresses and other information collected passively through cookies, web-beacons and other tracking technologies.
2. End Users Data received from our Customers
Scalarr’s Customers use our Services to analyze the data regarding their mobile advertising campaigns and detects unsolicited fraudulent installs, and for such purpose upload to Scalarr’s service certain data regarding their End Users. Such data is provided to Scalarr by the Customer, by the Customer’s integration and implementation of Scalarr’s APIs into the Customer’s tracking-analytics system. The data we receive from Customers refers to downloads, clicks and installations of their mobile applications, mobile device use and data regarding in-app events and includes for example the following data: IP address, user agent, device identifiers such as: IDFA (Identifier For Advertisers iOS), Android ID, Google Advertiser ID (GAID), store platform, SDK version, anonymous User ID, timestamp Developer Key, application version, device model, manufacture, OS version, network status (WiFi/3G), post-install in-app events.
Once such data parameters are uploaded by our Customers to the Services, they enable us to provide the Services to our Customers and enable the Customers to analyze their mobile advertising campaigns and detects unsolicited fraudulent installs.
3. We collect and/or process your Personal Data in connection with the below activities related to our Services:
● Account registration
● Services features usage
● Use of certain Service
● Generating reports based on information collected from use of our Services
● Requesting service and support for our Services and providing such support
● Placing transactions or orders
● Registering to attend a seminar or webinar
● Participating in an online surveys
● Billing and collecting payments for our Services
● Registering for newsletter subscriptions
● Customizing the advertising and content you see
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
5. Special Categories of Personal Data
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Processing of your Personal Data
The personal data collected or processed through our Services (concerning either our Customers, their End Users, our Partners or visitors to the Scalarr website) will be used for:
- Processing your orders and providing you with access to the Site and the Services
- Improving and maintaining our Services (e.g. for power predictive ML features)
- Providing reports based on information collected from use of our Services
- Communicating with you in relation to the purposes for which you provided your contact details and in relation to similar products or Services.
- Keeping you up to date on the latest Service announcements, software updates and upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other related information
- Providing and administer opt-in contests or other marketing or promotional activities on the scalarr.io or affiliate websites
- Personalizing marketing communications and website content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on products and services that may be of interest
- Providing support and assistance for our Services
- Providing the ability to contact you and provide you with shipping and billing information
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
- Creating aggregate data and anonymous data (as specified below)
By analyzing the data we receive, we may compile aggregate and anonymized data (“Aggregate Data”). Aggregate Data is anonymous and is not linked to any personal data. Aggregate Data helps understand trends and customer needs so that new services can be considered and so existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You can choose whether to provide Personal Data to Scalarr, but note that you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services if they require Personal Data that you have not provided.
- Opt-out. You can sign-up, and therefore consent, to receive email or newsletter communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving these communications, you can update your preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in such emails or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this policy. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How long we retain your Personal Data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process the data.
Sharing your Personal Data
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data in personally identifiable form to anyone.
We may share Personal Data within Scalarr (as described below), and with third party service providers for purposes of data processing or storage (as described in How We Protect Your Data Section).
We share your personal data within the Scalarr Group. This may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area.
We ensure your personal data is protected by requiring all our group companies to follow the same rules when processing your personal data. These rules are called “binding corporate rules”. For further details, see European Commission: Binding corporate rules.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring the following safeguards is implemented:
- Where we use certain service providers outside the European Economic Area, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
Please Contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
How We Protect Your Data
The security of your personal information is important to us. Scalarr is committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us. We recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Numerous studies have established that data stored in the cloud is less likely to be lost, deleted or leaked than data stored on a personal computer. All our data is fully encrypted at rest and in transit, and we employ state-of-the-art firewall and back-up technology. All our data is continuously backed up in several high security access-controlled data centers in different locations.
Your data is stored on one of the secure servers that we rent and we use the recommended industry practices to keep your data secure. We use appropriate level of technical and organizational measures to prevent accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
We currently use Amazon Web Services by Amazon Web Services Inc., Hetzner Robot / Hetzner Cloud by Hetzner Online GmbH and Google Drive by Google LLC. (the " Hosting providers") to store your personal data. Those Hosting providers are in possession of various international security certificates that ensure safety of your data with them. You can read more on the security measures of Hosting providers at their official webpages.
If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Data, you can contact us at [email protected].
Linked websites and third party services
Commitment to Protecting Children’s Privacy
Scalarr does not knowingly collect or process personal data from or with respect to children under the age of 16, and you must be 16 years of age or older in order to establish an account for Scalarr’s Services.
If you are under 16, please do not attempt to use the Site or register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to us or use the Site or the Services. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible unless your parent or guardian has provided us with their consent for your use of our Site or Services.
If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe that your child under the age of 16 has submitted his or her personal data or other data without your consent, permission, or authorization – please let us know immediately, and we will promptly act to remove your child’s data from our database, cease the use of such data and inform any other party we suspect to have access to such data to do the same.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your personal data
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request transfer of your personal data
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us through contact details below.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.