How Click Injection works
1. Fraudsters integrate a malware virus in the code of their own mobile app.
2. When users install the fraudsters infected app, the malware virus gets access to app install information on their device.
3. Then the fraud app constantly checks for installs of all apps and games that are part of a paid user acquisition marketing campaign.
4. During installation of any of the monitored apps, the fraud app generates and sends a synthetic click from the device with a conversion ID assigned to the fraudster.
5. As a result, the marketing campaign analytics attributes cost of the "stolen" install to the fraudster who receives payment.