How Smart Bots work
The basic mechanics are similar to classic Bots, but these Smart Bots are much better prepared for the "attack":
1. Fraudsters analyze all advertiser post-install events and KPIs so they can prepare the Smart Bots to be able to avoid detection by many anti-fraud solutions.
2. These Smart Bots are configured to emulate financial events, and sometimes even real payments.
3. They are engineered to use specific app/game SDK versions directly from the store.
4. The timing of their actions are set so that a realistic TTI distribution is seen. TTI (Time To Install) is the measurement of time between clicking on the ad (impression) and the actual install time.
5. Finally their traffic volume is divided into various smaller sub-publishers to emulate multiple GEO locations and avoid detection of too much traffic from one source.